Acne is a disorder of the skin which is characterized by rashes and pimples appearing on the skin as a result of clogged pores. Dirt and bacteria that find their way to the skin’s pores are what causes this condition. A lot of people suffer from acne. Teenagers are the most prone to this condition, however, adults may also develop the condition. Currently there are numerous natural acne remedies to assist in getting rid of the ugly pores resulting to a fresher skin.
- One of the most popularly used natural remedy is mint. What one is supposed to do is crush the peppermint leaves. As they contain menthol which is known to soothe and clean the skin. After crushing the peppermint, rub it gently on the areas which have been affected. This helps in the reduction of irritation and spots.
- Other natural and effective acne remedies include oatmeal and nettle tea. Cereals containing oatmeal are readily being sold in the market. Cook 1 serving using a pan then add some honey. Smear the paste on the face and then leave it some a while. Before it dries make sure you wash it off. The honey will make the skin softer while the oatmeal acts to prevent inflammation.
- Another natural remedy is nettle tea. Boil a few nettle leaves then add some honey so that you may be able to drink the tea. Instead of honey you could also use lemon. Nettle tea might cause irritation in the stomach but it has proved to be one of the best acne remedies for use at home. It has anti-inflammatory action which helps avoid acne.
- Another remedy would involve steaming of the face for ten minutes then wash it thoroughly using an anti-bacterial face wash. This will open the pores and clean them. Then after that, take olive oil and put in sugar. Gently scrub the face using the paste then rise minutes after. This process is to be redone every three days. Don’t leave the skin unattended to in between. Anti-bacterial face wash would be good for use.
- Make solution using rose water and lime juice in the same ratio. First wash your face then apply it on the skin. Leave the solution on your face for up to 30 minutes then was wash it again. Ensure you do the following before you go to bed.
- Strawberry leaves are known to be alkaline. Placing them on the areas affected by acne can reduce inflammation.
- The most successful home remedy for acne is change of diet. Avoid nuts and chocolates from your diet. Include foods that are rich in vitamin E and C and take a lot of fluids including fresh fruit juices.