Acne comes when hair follicles are blocked with oil and cause bacterial growth under the skin. They change the look of a person and can sometimes go to the extreme to form ugly marks on the face. Different acne types exist. These range from pustules to blackheads or from whiteheads to cysts. There are many things that can cause acne. These include diet, hormonal changes, hygiene and medication.
The best qualified person who can prescribe you with effective acne treatment is your dermatologist. Nevertheless, there are possible ways that you can use to dry out acne at home. This is good especially for those who also want to try some natural or home remedies before going to see a doctor. The remedies that are found below can help people falling under this group or those who are looking for more information in this.
- Tea Tree Oil
- Cotton balls
- Do not wash your face more than two times a day. This might appear counter-intuitive but is not. As you keep washing your face, your skin will keep producing more oil to compensate. In case you have acne, you may need to lower the oil quantity on your face and not to increase it. There are people who might be skeptical of this assuming that the more you wash the better but this is not true and when will only be counterproductive.
- Take some honey and apply a thin layer on your face and wait for it to dry. Use warm water and soap to wash it off. This will help in the removal of dead surface skin cells and has the potential of really helping your acne.
- Take five cloves of garlic and peel and marsh them. Apply the mixture on your face. Let it stay there for 15 minutes and then wash it off. As an excellent antibiotic, garlic can really help your acne.
- Make an astringent. Dab it to the parts of your face which are the oiliest. Mix water and tea tree oil in a ratio of one to nineteen. Take a cotton ball and douse it in the mixture. Apply this to the worst acne spots.
- For the pimples that pop up alone, cover them with toothpaste. Allow it to remain on the affected part for one hour or more and then wash it off. Do not sleep while the toothpaste is still on your face.
- Buy over the counter acne treatment with benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. Both of these will dry up your acne very fast. Use the instructions that are found on the package and if your acne starts becoming overly sensitive or dry, stop using the product.